One of the ways you can identify a professional resume writer is to look for certifications like the following:
- CPRW: Certified Professional Resume Writer
- CMRW: Certified Master Resume Writer
- NCRW: Nationally Certified Resume Writer
- CARW: Certified Advanced Resume Writer
- MMRW: Master Military Resume Writer
- CFRW: Certified Federal Resume Writer
- CMRS: Certified Master Resume Specialist
- ACRW: Academy Certified Resume Writer
A professional resume writer should have at least one, if not several certifications (see my About Us page for my own certifications). Some certifications have become obsolete (for example, CFRWC), but the ones listed above are still going strong.
In addition, referrals are an excellent way to find a professional resume writer; many of my clients come to me through word of mouth referrals or as a result of my speaking engagements at industry and educational events.
The resume writing industry is not regulated so anyone can claim they are a resume writer. In addition, there are several “scam” companies set up that simply rip off customers (many are based overseas); the website won’t reveal the size of the industry in the United States.
If you look for certifications and listen to referrals, you’ll find the right resume writer for you. Send me an email or give me a call; if I can’t help you, I’ll try to refer you on to another truly professional resume writer.