You may not realize it, but you do have a job search team. That team consists of all your personal, company, and professional contacts, along with anyone else who supports you through your job search, including your social media and LinkedIn connections. With a team that vast, why do you need to hire a resume writer?
The top reason for adding a resume writer to your job search team is the exact reason why you hire a professional plumber, electrician, or car mechanic. You may be an excellent writer, yet lack the knowledge to:
- Meet the expectations of hiring managers and recruiters.
- Conform to the current standards for resumes—what is allowed and what is discouraged.
- Format to ensure that applicant tracking systems do not automatically discard your resume.
- Create a LinkedIn profile and cover letter that complement your resume.
The rest of your support team may be free with advice, cautions, and praise but lack the objectivity to:
- Organize your experience for maximum impact.
- Relay the facts that make you stand out from the competition.
- Open up your resume for wider opportunities in your industry or field or focus it more tightly.
Everyone has applied for a job sometime in their life, but that does not make them an expert right now, in your field or industry, applying for the particular job you want with your skills, education, and experience. By adding a resume writer to your job search team, especially one with coaching credentials, you add someone who can:
- Suggest avenues for finding a job that you might not have considered.
- Advise you on aligning your background to the marketplace, including transferrable skills.
- Provide practical hints to improve your networking and interviewing skills.
As a credentialed, professional resume writer and career coach, Robin’s Resumes® would be proud to join your job search team. Contact us today.